A sense of luxurious pleasure
Western Red Cedar grows mainly in the wet areas of North West America where soils are rich and moisture laden air currents off the north pacific nourish their lush and fast re-growing forests.
Most cedar imported into this country originates in British Columbia, Canada. Western Red Cedar forests are predominantly well managed forests which provide a perpetual harvest. Cedar wood contains natural oils which help resist insect attack and decay. It is a dimensionally stable wood that ages gracefully and endures for many years.
In this age of energy concerns, the woods cellular structure give it an insulation value higher than most woods and much higher than brick or concrete. Cedar wood blinds help warm your house in winter and help keep it cool in summer.
Above all, cedar is a wood of exceptional beauty. No man made material can duplicate cedar’s natural lustre and tones which range from light amber to deep honey brown.
Our Cedar Blinds are made of the following components:
- 50 x 65 mm metal head box (Not Plastic)
- Quality Polyester string ladder and lift cord
- A rich coating of two base coats and one top coat of UV cured paints. This paint is designed to live in a harsh window environment – we use it generously
- Solid metal cord lock – not plastic framed
- Solid metal cord tilter gearbox – no cheap wands with plastic gearbox
- Slat width and thickness of 46×3 mm
- Or slat width and thickness of 60×4 mm
These blinds never need repainting and are easy to clean with a duster or damp cloth with mild detergent. Our Cedar Blinds will give a sense of luxurious pleasure and function for many years to come. They are available in five colours:
- Medium – Light Colour
- Medium – Dark Colour
- Jarah Colour (46mm only )
- Red Gum Colour (46mm only )
- Mist ( 46mm only )
Stained Oiled finishes (oiled finishes allow you to maintain the condition of the blind over the lifetime. Simply re-oil with cedar oil as desired)
Medium – Light Colour
Medium – Dark Colour Stained oiled finishes